Cleveland, Ohio (USA), 1947
Established artist Anna Good paints in the impressionistic style. She has developed a technique in which her works a highly textured, almost giving the sense of relief. Her pieces reveal a highly romantic vision, expressed through vibrant colors and delicate light, always celebrating life and beauty.
- Images Fine Art Gallery, Lahaina, Hawaii.
- Sargents Fine Art, Lahaina, Hawaii.
- Sargents Fine Art, Marriot Resort, Ka'anapali, Hawaii.
- Four Seasons Resort Maui, Wailea, Maui, Hawaii.
- Galeria Kaukini, Kahakuloa, Maui, Hawaii.
- Devin Galleries, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
- Galeria Black and White, Portland, Oregon.
- GaleriaVon Maritime, Kauai, Hawaii.
- Metropolitan Art Gallery, Tokyo, Japan.
- Galeria Unique Art, Las Vegas .
- Addi Galleries San Francisco.
- Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic, Connecticut.
My work as an impressionist stems from 25 years as an accomplished watercolorist and oil painter. I execute my paintings exclusively with the palette knife using the “impasto wet on wet” technique. This technique using thick and rich paintwork allows me to create works that are uniquely rich in texture and appear as three dimensional realities. My work reveals a romantic view expressed through color and light; and no matter what the theme, my paintings always celebrate life and beauty.
I consider my work a visual diary of my experiences in the garden – a visual interpretation of the colors, textures and spirit. Gardens are not only a manifestation of man’s collaboration with nature but also an expression of the passion and dedication to create them. Working in the garden, travel, exploration and discovery of new places of beauty are what make me tick and continually inspire to paint.
All of my professional experiences provided me with the background to create my current body of work as an impressionist. My interests now as always are movement, texture, color and light. I continue to travel finding inspiration in floral gardens, landscapes, and koi ponds sketching onsite then completing my first impressions in the studio.
Artist web site: www.annagood.com