Other European Art Collectors
– Irish media tycoon Anthony O´Reily is one of the richest people in the world.
– Greek industrialist Dakis Joannou is considered to be one of the leading collectors of European contemporary art.
– A Portuguese magnate, who made his fortune in the mining sector in South Africa and Australia, is probably the best-known Portuguese collector of contemporary art.
Patrcia Sandretto Re Rebaudengo
– A former head of a plastics business and a business consultancy, Patrcia Sandretto Re Rebaudengo is the chairman of an art foundation and well-known for her collection of fashionable Brit art.
– Romanian-born, Monte Carlo-based shipping and real estate tycoon, Sammy Offer is the major stockholder of Royal Caribbean, the international leisure cruse line. His art collection mainly includes Contemporary Art. Mr. Offer recently added a Gerhard Richter valued at $5.3 Million to his vast art collection.
– Swiss investor and environmentalist, Mr. Schmidheiny is one of richest Europeans and a major investor in blue-chip equities. His art collection is estimated to be worth in excess of half a billion dollars.