PicassoMio Art Blog
Importance of Listing the Price of Your Artworks
Gone are the days that the galleries and artists could decide the price once the saw the face of the potential buyer. Today, if you are not listing your prices, you are losing out on significant sales and turning-off potential future buyers.
The following facts have caused this change in the art market of today:
- Increased Transparency: Prompted by the Internet, there is more transparency in the market. If you are not listing your prices at your exhibitions (online or offline), consumers tend to assume that there is something wrong.
- Educated Consumers: Today’s consumers do their research. Whether we are speaking about works by unknown artists or famous masters, they are pretty smart at guessing the approximate prices.
- Price Sensitivity: Given the economic conditions, consumers are likely to remain aloof to your works, if you lack in transparency.
- Availability of Choices: Whether it is online or offline, consumers have a lot of choices, when it comes to buying art and lack in time. Most consumers are unlikely to ask for prices, they will simply move on to the next one.
- Nature of Online and Mental Databases: If you do not list the prices of your artworks, online databases are not capable of listing your artworks, when the client does a related search.
It is time you start listing your artworks prices. If not, you are likely to lose clients that should have been yours.