- My Account
- Sell Art
Bernardo Carbonell Cespedes is a talented Cuban artist born in Santiago de Cuba in November of 1976.
From an early age Bernardo was inspired by family tradition regarding the arts, participating in painting and drawing competitions beginning at elementary school, earning awards for municipal and provincial instances.
While in the Secondary School he penetrates more deeply into the world of visual arts, performing studies and research that empirically provided him with remarkable results in the exercise of his art. The consultation of books concerning great painters and important works with explanation of the techniques used, allowed him to develop some of these techniques, delving into the details of the work, colorful strokes, forms of expression, etc.. In 1999 he presented his first promotional exhibition in the galleries belonging to the Cultural Association "Antonio Bravo Correoso", continuing his work creation from his home studio.
In 2002 he began working as an editor in the Department of Atmosphere Cuban Fund of Cultural Assets, until July 2003 he resigned in order to pursue his artistic endeavors as a creator. His work in the background even allowed him an insight into the art world, having the ability to learn about the important work of fine artists Santiago, as well as interact with them directly, drawing on their expertise which have so dearly influenced his self-taught endeavors and helped shape his line of work and defining his artistic projections.
During this short period of work he participate in curatorial, design and construction processes of numerous exhibitions of plastic arts, such as:
• Personal exhibition of the artist Miguel Antonio Botalín Pampín. Gallery Hotel Meliá Santiago. (January 2002)
• Personal exhibition of Fabian Martinez. Gallery Hotel Meliá Santiago. (2002)
• Personal exhibition of Roberto Guerra. Gallery Motel Versailles, Sgt. Cuba. (2002)
• Personal exhibition of Maria del Carmen Sanchez, "Watercolors". Gallery Hotel Meliá Santiago (April 2003)
• Joint Exhibition and Jorge Enrique Felix Gonzalez Ermus "Watercolors of Santiago. Two brushes and a City ". Gallery Hotel Meliá Santiago (May 2003)
• Personal exhibition of Antonio Ferrer Cabello. City Historian Office-Hotel Meliá Santiago (July 2003)
Also participated in the assembly integral process of Expocaribe Fairs 2002 and 2003 and Fairs in 2002 and 2003 developed Iberoarte in Holguin where intertwine Fine Arts and Applied Arts.
In 2002 in the Expocaribe Fair he exhibited oil on canvas piece to integrate it into the atmosphere of the booth to promote their work.
• 1999 "Details of the City". Armando Bravo Galleries Ateneo Cultural Correoso. • 2000 "Retractors" COLLECTIVE • 2000 Workshop Cultural Luis Diaz Oduardo • 2001 "Festival of Fire" Gallery East • 2002 Workshop Cultural Luis Diaz Oduardo • 2003 Gallery East
Portrait and landscape (urban and rural, and seascapes), using basically the oil on canvas techniques.
A watercolor by his authorship was donated to the Entrepreneurial Forum at Hotel Meliá Santiago.